If you are still using Adobe Ad-hoc Analysis and haven’t switched to Analysis workspace yet, this might just the right time for the switch. In the latest release of Analytics, Adobe has added a new feature “Freeform Table Builder” for Analysis Workspace.
Freeform Table builder, allows you to add several components to the table and render the data. It allows you to work with dimensions, breakdowns, metrics, and segments to build tables that answer more complex questions similar to Ad-hoc Analysis.
Intelligent move with time-saving minimizing server load for better performance
While requesting more complex data comparing with the Freeform table, Table Builder pulls data in a single request. This workflow creates less burden on servers as it does not pull data on the fly, comparing with the Freeform table. Less burden on the server means better performance.
Other benefits of using Freeform Table Builder includes:
- Easier arrangement of the table as required without waiting for the data to load
- Easy breakdown up to 4 levels
- Define the Row and Breakdown settings for every table row and dimension column
- Breakdown by Position for every level of the table by default (in traditional Freeform Tables, the default is Breakdown by Item .)
- Manually order static rows in the table. For example, if you want metric rows to appear in a certain order.
- Preview the format of your table prior to rendering real data
Data from the Table Builder can be exported in the same way as Analysis workspace projects.
Ref: Adobe Help Documents